Hay Stack Cake

Decorating By vianrey Updated 2 Jun 2013 , 3:17am by vianrey

vianrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vianrey Posted 2 Jun 2013 , 1:40am
post #1 of 4

AHello everyone, I was wondering if maybe yall could give some advice on how to stack a rectangle hay stack cake. My plan was to make 4 quarter sheet cakes and stack them on top of each other with a board on top of the first two and then the other two but I'm.afraid that it will tilt or slide if its too high also what method could I use to make the hay???? Thanks for dropping in!!!!!

3 replies
DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 2 Jun 2013 , 2:29am
post #2 of 4

AHow tall is each sheet?

When I did a case of Bud Light, it had to be tall & narrow. I stacked 2 - 2 " sheet cakes then a piece of cardboard & dowels then another 2 - 2" sheet cakes.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 2 Jun 2013 , 2:40am
post #3 of 4

When I did a bale of hay I used a 4" of styrofoam dummy with two 12 x 16 x 4 stacked on top. Ultimately a 16 x 12 x 12 rectangle. With a cowboy hat on top. It didn't move at all.

To make the hay I piped it using 4 different shades of gold/tan-ish bc. I used a combination of tips 233 and small rounds and small stars to get a variegated texture.

vianrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vianrey Posted 2 Jun 2013 , 3:17am
post #4 of 4

AI've never used a dummy...How do you ice it? And do you remember what other colors you mixed with gold to get tan color?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%