Cake Stand Suggestions Please......

Decorating By MasterPiecesCakeArt Updated 2 Jun 2013 , 12:34pm by MasterPiecesCakeArt

MasterPiecesCakeArt Posted 1 Jun 2013 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 8


What type of cake device is used to separate the square tiers?


Thank you!  Dan

7 replies
shanter Posted 1 Jun 2013 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 8

It could be  small square boxes, or styrofoam blocks, or oasis (floral foam) completely covered with food-safe paper (butcher paper, cellophane, several layers of plastic wrap, etc.).

CindiM Posted 1 Jun 2013 , 10:01pm
post #3 of 8

Hey Dan,

I have used the 7 inch push in pillars with a plate by Wilton for this style of cake. 

It was called a "tower of roses" cake.  My cake is 4 inches tall, so you have a 3 inch gap to fill with flowers.  This style used to be really popular.  It is a good design, so it comes back as a real classic look. 

As Shanter said you can also use Styrofoam spacers.  I just found the pillars to be easier.    

shanter Posted 2 Jun 2013 , 12:13am
post #4 of 8

You could send a private message to the person who made the cake (MasterPiecesCakeArt) and ask.

lorieleann Posted 2 Jun 2013 , 5:27am
post #5 of 8

you can also use the Bakery Crafts SPS.  There are adjustable pillars that would be just fine for a small gap.  I did one recently with a 4" space between tiers. the cake was very secure using the SPS. The roses were inserted on site.

MasterPiecesCakeArt Posted 2 Jun 2013 , 12:33pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you!

MasterPiecesCakeArt Posted 2 Jun 2013 , 12:33pm
post #7 of 8


MasterPiecesCakeArt Posted 2 Jun 2013 , 12:34pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%