Attention Australian Cake Decorators: I Need Help Choosing A New Stand Mixer Please!

Decorating By midnightmel

midnightmel Posted 1 Jun 2013 , 6:44am
post #1 of 1

Hello fellow Australian Cake decorators

This is my first ever post and I am in need of some help and advise on choosing a great quality stand mixer available in Australia. I have been making cakes from home for a year and a half now, using my very troublesome Breville BEM800 mixer. I have finally had enough of it and I am able to get a refund from the "Good Guys." (long story, but happy to explain should anyone wish to know the details).

So I am in the market for a new stand mixer. I've been looking at the Kitchenaids but there doesn't seem to be many models to choose from in Australia....and the product reviews are mixed, which is leaving me confused!

I am after a stand mixer (doesn't have to be Kitchenaid) that will go the distance and do all the things us cake decorators need it for. It must also have good warranty. Home use or commercial???

Can anyone please recommend a stand mixer that has been tried and tested with constant use??? Can you please also let me know where you got it from. I am from NSW and would greatly appreciate any recommendations based on your own experiences..

many thanks in advance.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%