Buttercream Roses - Need Advice!! 1St Wedding Cake This Weekend!

Decorating By AlicesMadBatter Updated 31 May 2013 , 2:40am by AlicesMadBatter

AlicesMadBatter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlicesMadBatter Posted 31 May 2013 , 1:27am
post #1 of 6

i have my first wedding cake this weekend. Suppose to be real simple. Plain white cake with white buttercream, 3 tiers.  With white buttercream roses on it.  But now it is suppose to be 90 and humid!!!!  Yikes!  Any advice for sticking these roses to this cake (sides and top) without them melting off?    Figured I would just freeze the roses then glue them on with either royal icing or buttercream?  Thoughts? 

Thank you in advance, I am feeling nervous.

5 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 31 May 2013 , 1:39am
post #2 of 6

Is the cake outside?

AlicesMadBatter Posted 31 May 2013 , 1:42am
post #3 of 6

It is inside. I have to drive 30 min there.

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 31 May 2013 , 2:30am
post #4 of 6

Just apply the roses with a little buttercream for glue.  Make sure that the vehicle that you are using allows for a level surface for the cake to make the trip and turn on the air conditioning.  Shouldn't be a problem if your car isn't blazing hot when you load the cake.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 31 May 2013 , 2:33am
post #5 of 6

ADefinitely thoroughly cool your car before loading the cake. And take extra roses. And bc for repairs, just in case.

AlicesMadBatter Posted 31 May 2013 , 2:40am
post #6 of 6

Thanks! Planning to refrigerate the cake overnight before travel and then cranking the AC. Just wasn't sure if it would hold! I guess I am just nervous of the unknown.  Appreciate the help so much. LOVE this site for reasons like this. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%