How Would I Do A Messy Ruffle?

Decorating By kirasmom Updated 1 Jun 2013 , 11:19pm by smittyditty

kirasmom Posted 31 May 2013 , 1:18am
post #1 of 8

I have seen several cakes with ruffles like this one (the bottom tier), and I was wondering how I might go about getting this look. I just wouldn't know how it gets attached to the cake. Any help would be appreciated. 

7 replies
IAmPamCakes Posted 31 May 2013 , 1:21am
post #2 of 8

ACool cake. Is this the technique where you take a thin, round piece of fondant, & pinch it in the middle to make those ruffles?

imagenthatnj Posted 31 May 2013 , 1:57am
post #3 of 8
smittyditty Posted 31 May 2013 , 2:14am
post #4 of 8

If its just water what I'd do was make one carnation and stick it to the top of the bottom layer. Wait and make sure it doesn't slide. Then go for it working bottom up.

Also watch LOTS of patriotic movies to keep you going since you have 7hours of tediousness!!! :)

imagenthatnj Posted 31 May 2013 , 2:40am
post #5 of 8

Yes. Water is what you use to stick fondant to fondant. Look at this other craziness. A brush with water is what you use, and lots of patience.'re funny.

smittyditty Posted 31 May 2013 , 4:33am
post #6 of 8

Thanks image- I couldn't open your link though im not on facebook anymore:( I was tired of them stalking me.

imagenthatnj Posted 31 May 2013 , 4:41am
post #7 of 8

Really? I've never been on Facebook, no time for that stuff. But all the pages for cakers and other business ones are free to look at. I wonder why it didn't open for you. Basketweave with fondant.


It's actually this:


Then you go to the Notes.

smittyditty Posted 1 Jun 2013 , 11:19pm
post #8 of 8

Ya those ones opened up! I actually like the look of the fondant better only because its cleaner looking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%