ohsugarsweets Posted 30 May 2013 , 5:54pm
post #1 of

Hi, I'm trying to find someone that can make a fairly large, poured silicone mold for me. I paid an etsy seller months ago, and they have basically run off with my money. It's past my 45 day limit to file a dispute :( NEVER AGAIN! Any suggestions?

13 replies
Annabakescakes Posted 30 May 2013 , 6:58pm
post #2 of

What is it of? I know costumeczar makes molds, but I am not sure if she does poured ones. She has an etsy shop, too.

Pyro Posted 30 May 2013 , 6:59pm
post #3 of

http://www.makeyourownmolds.com/ is probably cheaper then getting someone to make it ( and then ship ) it to you.

From what I've seen in the past, they also had someone here in CC to help people using the product. http://cakecentral.com/u/725305/myom-dominic

Edit: Or like Anna said, if you're looking for something smaller or specific some CC members already have stuff available for sell.

ohsugarsweets Posted 30 May 2013 , 7:24pm
post #4 of

It's a shoe...it's about 8 long and 3 inches wide....Pretty big :)

ohsugarsweets Posted 30 May 2013 , 7:24pm
post #5 of

Oh, and thanks for your replies!

BakerBee7468 Posted 30 May 2013 , 10:25pm
post #6 of

A

Original message sent by ohsugarsweets

Hi, I'm trying to find someone that can make a fairly large, poured silicone mold for me. I paid an etsy seller months ago, and they have basically run off with my money. It's past my 45 day limit to file a dispute :( NEVER AGAIN! Any suggestions?

If you paid with a credit card you can do a chargeback. If not you can still tell etsy about the seller so no one else will get scammed

sewsweet2 Posted 30 May 2013 , 10:55pm
post #7 of

decoratethecake.com   Glenda has a good business ethic  and is great to work with.

ohsugarsweets Posted 31 May 2013 , 8:01pm
post #8 of

Thank you so much, I just sent a message to her

Charmed Posted 1 Jun 2013 , 5:29am
post #9 of

I know marzipandoll has a shoe mold maybe she would be able to do a cutom one for you.   http://www.marzipandoll.com/Marzipandoll/3D_Silcione_molds.html#36

RTV Steve Posted 10 Jun 2013 , 4:43pm

Yes, I can help. We sell the silicone but also have a reliable shop to help with your project. We are legitimate and have 100% positive feedback. Contac me at steve@rawmaterialsuppliers.com

RTV Steve Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 11:09pm

RAW Material Suppliers sells the silicone and we have a mold service now too! We are easy to work with and extremely reliable!

www.RawMaterialSuppliers.com

RTV Steve

NorwayCake Posted 12 Jan 2015 , 7:58pm

Hi!

Did you have any luck with getting the mold?

I need a custom made mold for a Project, and struggle to find someone who can help me. I am very interested in hearing about Your excperience.

MBalaska Posted 12 Jan 2015 , 8:19pm

I made this small mold with stuff from @costumeczar 's etsy site:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/198410777/120-grams-silicone-mold-putty-for-making?ref=shop_home_active_3

top right is a ceramic fridge magnet that I pressed into the fresh molding material, the two left pieces are fondant pressed with the mold.  bottom left is hand painted.

costumeczar Posted 12 Jan 2015 , 10:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorwayCake 

Hi!

Did you have any luck with getting the mold?

I need a custom made mold for a Project, and struggle to find someone who can help me. I am very interested in hearing about Your excperience.

I can make custom molds but it would depend on what the item to be molded is. I just made a couple for someone who (I think) was using them to make costumes of a video game character. I don't ask, I just make them...

If it's something that is fairly simple in shape and doesn't have a lot of undercuts it will work best with the kind of putty @MBalaska used. If it's something larger or something that needs to be three-dimensional the pourable silicone might work better, but that involves a lot more preparation and structure for the mold pouring process.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%