Need Help With Bottle Cake

Decorating By DinasSugarShack Updated 1 Jun 2013 , 12:58pm by FrecklesCakes

DinasSugarShack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DinasSugarShack Posted 29 May 2013 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 3

AHi: I need some advice on a cake. I was asked to make a cake in the shape of a grappa botega bottle (I tried to include a pic but was unable to from my iPad). She wants it 3D (stand up) and to feed 40 people. Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated. This a link to a pic, not sure if it will work.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=grappa+bottega+morbida&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=lY2mUd3_Gbap4APE4oFA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=768&bih=928#biv=i%7C8%3Bd%7CJE0F4ll3JyJe-M%3A

Thanks Dina

2 replies
niamhie97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niamhie97 Posted 1 Jun 2013 , 9:02am
post #2 of 3

AWell, I'm thinking you will need to include dowels in your cake. This will make the cake stand up and not topple when your putting the bottle neck on the cake. It should be pretty easy to shape and stack the cake when your using dowels.

Please reply if this wasn't the answer you were looking for :P

FrecklesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrecklesCakes Posted 1 Jun 2013 , 12:58pm
post #3 of 3

AWhat do you need help with? The glass look? The cake itself? Stacking it? As for serving forty people I have no idea how many it will serve sorry. I saw a tutorial once for a 3d standing bottle cake. Different shape bottle but will give you an idea if you want me to look for it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%