How Do You Have It All Organized In Your Kitchen?

Decorating By FFITW Updated 29 May 2013 , 6:48pm by auntginn

FFITW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FFITW Posted 29 May 2013 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 3

Not sure if the cake decorating business forum would be more appropriate for this, but it applies to hobby bakers too, so I'll go with it!

How do you guys have all your supplies organized? I'm mostly thinking about those of you with lots of supplies (which is probably most of us!) I'm just finding that I keep adding stuff and have no good system to keep it organized and easily accessible. I started with that wilton tackle box looking thing which was useful for about 15 minutes.  :) I've now got a few shoebox sized tupperware boxes, with stuff sorted roughly by function (piping, fondant gadgets, gel colors, etc) but it's still a train wreck!  Also, I've got a pretty small kitchen. What's your system? Bonus points for pictures! 

2 replies
DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 29 May 2013 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 3

AI use plastic containers I get from Target. I group according to function. All my fondant cutters are in one, impression mats in another, all pearls & pearl dust, etc.

When I get more items, I sort again. I have so many cutters that they are now separated into simple shapes, flower cutters, strip/borders, etc.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 29 May 2013 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 3

I have a storage closet and bought storage wracks for it.  Then I've bought plastic containers in several different sizes.  

Baking pans on the lower shelves, boards, boxes, pedestals next level up, The smaller items are eye level.  Things I don't use to often or just carry as back up on the higher shelves.

Tools such as spatulas, rolling pin, my mat, etc. close enough to see right away.

I too have to do a clean-up/re-inventory periodically.  We all are creatures of one habit, We accumulate stuff icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%