Fondant To Cover Cakes

Decorating By cakepassion2010 Updated 29 May 2013 , 9:50pm by cakepassion2010

cakepassion2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakepassion2010 Posted 29 May 2013 , 3:19am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone

I have been making cakes for the last two years. I cover my cakes with Duff Golman fondant but its always too sticky and doesnt give the cleanest look because of stickiness. Taste wise its good. There are soo many experienced bakers in these blogs and forum. I need advice from you all regarding which fondant is better to cover cakes neatlt and have good taste.

Thanks.

5 replies
therealmrsriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therealmrsriley Posted 29 May 2013 , 3:58am
post #2 of 6

There are so many different brands out there, but I think Satin Ice is really good. It tastes pretty good too.

CreationsbyNicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreationsbyNicole Posted 29 May 2013 , 4:05am
post #3 of 6

AI like both Satin Ice and FondX, based on the weather somewhat.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 29 May 2013 , 12:27pm
post #4 of 6

ADuff is very very dufferebt from some if the marshmallow type fondants. It has a high chocolate ratio similar to fondarific. They work very differently.

I really like fondarific. I use corn starch for rolling so it isn't too soft.

If that wont work for you, you probably will prefer the different kind. Try Satin Ice first. It is very popular & inexpensive.

BeesKnees578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeesKnees578 Posted 29 May 2013 , 12:55pm
post #5 of 6

I had the same problem with Duff's.  I used his red on a sock monkey cake.  The weather was VERY HOT AND HUMID that day.  I had the cake refrigerated and put it into an air conditioned car and then into an air conditioned building.  The red was MELTING onto the buttercream.  It does taste good, but I know I can't count on for any cake that I want to refrigerate, which is pretty much all of them!

cakepassion2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakepassion2010 Posted 29 May 2013 , 9:50pm
post #6 of 6

AThanks everyone. I will definitely try satin ice first. Good luck to me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%