Cake Swirls

Decorating By vianrey Updated 29 May 2013 , 3:00am by denetteb

vianrey Posted 28 May 2013 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 7

AHello everyone, I am fairly New to cake decorating and never have done swirls on a cake. Just got a request for one with swirls on it how would I go about doing the swirls?? Thanks

6 replies
mcaulir Posted 28 May 2013 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 7

What do you mean by swirls?

kakeladi Posted 28 May 2013 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 7

Yes, you need to be a bit more specific or show us a picture in order to help you better.

JWinslow Posted 28 May 2013 , 10:37pm
post #5 of 7

Do you have a clay gun?  If you do not have time to practice piping, consider using the clay gun to extrude fondant into nice long pieces of fondant to make your scrolls and place on the cake using water (very little so it you don't get drips or water marks.)   Just an option :)



vianrey Posted 28 May 2013 , 11:30pm
post #6 of 7

AOk thanks for the advice I have a couple of days before the due date so I think I will try practicing thank you

denetteb Posted 29 May 2013 , 3:00am
post #7 of 7

They are usually called scrolls, piped on with buttercream with a round tip opening.

Quote by @%username% on %date%