Fondant Questions

Decorating By Heathers Cakes Updated 28 May 2013 , 1:19am by Heathers Cakes

Heathers Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heathers Cakes Posted 27 May 2013 , 10:32pm
post #1 of 4

I have an upcoming couple of cakes that I intend on using fondant on some of them.  I have never used fondant before but it looks pretty easy :-/ maybe..

I will be making 3- 13x17 ( about a sheet/half sheet depending on your measurements) but I am trying ti figure out how much fondant I will need to cover a cake of this size?

Please Help!!

3 replies
Omas Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omas Cakes Posted 27 May 2013 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 4

AGoogle Wilton Fondant Coverage Chart will tell you how much need. Fondant is a great medium to work with after you have some experience. There are many questions asked and answered on here and it will be helpful if you read some of them. Be sure and post pics when you're finished with your cakes! Good luck! HTH

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 27 May 2013 , 11:58pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathers Cakes 

I have an upcoming couple of cakes that I intend on using fondant on some of them.  I have never used fondant before but it looks pretty easy :-/ maybe..

I will be making 3- 13x17 ( about a sheet/half sheet depending on your measurements) but I am trying ti figure out how much fondant I will need to cover a cake of this size?

Please Help!!

Fondant is one of those mediums that looks deceptively easy... but isn't always! :) Definitely do a practice run, google some fondant tutorials to watch and get a good, smooth crumb coat underneath. But nothing will take the place of practice!! Good luck and have fun! icon_smile.gif

Heathers Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heathers Cakes Posted 28 May 2013 , 1:19am
post #4 of 4

Thank you all for the tips and info.  i will check them out!

**Fingers Crossed**

thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%