Corset Cake Templates

Decorating By Mark With A B Updated 27 May 2013 , 10:44pm by Mark With A B

Mark With A B Posted 27 May 2013 , 4:05am
post #1 of 3

Hello there,  been a little lurker on this site for a while and have only just signed up =]

Does anyone know how I can get a decent size (needs to feed approx 30 but could be more) template and what pan you would recommend I use..

I have the "ball pans" for top =] but not sure about the actual Bodes..

I know I could grab a template from Google...put onto a A4 piece of paper and enlarge but Im not sure what sizing..probably to fit an A3 piece of paper?

Thanks in advance =]

2 replies
jennicake Posted 27 May 2013 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 3

I find that a 11 x 15 pan works the best if you are using the Wilton ball pan for the top.  Template is actually not even necessary!  I fill and stack my cakes, and then gently carve away the cake around the half balls at the top part of the cake (just follow the curve of the half balls).  For the waist, just start at the bottom of the half balls and carve a slight curve into the waist and back out again to the corner of the bottom of the cake.  If you are really worried about keeping the two sides of the waist symmetrical, you can hold the edge of a round cake board to the sides of the cake and cut around that as well.  

I know that kind of sounds confusing.  I can PM you a picture of a shape I just did recently if you would like.  The cake was of a topless body though, so I don't want to post it here lol.  

Mark With A B Posted 27 May 2013 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much =]  I was kinda stressing out a little about shaping it as I wanted it to be the same.

If you dont mind I'd love to see your cake =]

Quote by @%username% on %date%