Bedtime Stories!

Decorating By katiar05 Updated 29 May 2013 , 2:56pm by bct806

katiar05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katiar05 Posted 25 May 2013 , 8:27am
post #1 of 8

ASo I just had the worst baking experience... Not that I have loads of experience anyways! Lol I wanted to do a strawberry cake from scratch for my decorating class tomorrow & after searching I found one w good reviews! I started at 10pm & it is now almost 1:30am here in go ol California & have no cake for tomorrow! It took hours in the oven and still didn't bake well... Ahhhh so after all that I guess I have to rise and shine tm and bake a box one! Talk about time consuming! I hope you all had happy bakings just need to vent! If you have had any stories share them & let me know you conquered that & are now about to get hired for the show, "cake boss" hehe... :)

7 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 25 May 2013 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 8

katiar05, it wasn't a total loss. At least now you can cross a recipe off your list to try! Don't get too discouraged. It takes a long time to find the right recipes for you. You will, I promise icon_smile.gif.

katiar05 Posted 26 May 2013 , 5:01am
post #3 of 8

AYour definitely right Elcee thank you for your time :) you always have to wake up the next day with a positive mind so you can start all over again! It's trial and error right! And made from scratch or a box my cake decorating wasn't to bad! :)

Original message sent by Elcee

katiar05, it wasn't a total loss. At least now you can cross a recipe off your list to try! Don't get too discouraged. It takes a long time to find the right recipes for you. You will, I promise :) .

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 26 May 2013 , 7:13am
post #4 of 8

katiar05 I had the same problem with the carrot cake that I made for my sons birthday.  I had serious doubts about the recipe when it went in the oven as it seemed too liquid and it would not cook.  In the end it was in the oven for over 2.5 hours.  When I cut it to put the cream cheese filling in it was extremely dense and moist.  He doesn't usually care about the cake so I just iced it anyway as it was only for 4 of us.  Well low and behold if this was the one time they decided they would eat cake.  I thought it was disgusting and was all for throwing it in the bin but my son and partner really liked it.  There is no accounting for taste.

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 27 May 2013 , 9:49pm
post #5 of 8

I know that pain! I searched and searched before I finally found recipes good enough to step away from boxed cake. Do you have a really good vanilla cake recipe? I add a packet of strawberry jello to my vanilla cake and then put a strawberry glaze between the torted layers to give it some freshness. 

katiar05 Posted 29 May 2013 , 12:03pm
post #6 of 8

ACazza 1 awe bless there little hearts for liking it & making you feel better. Family is definitely our best critics and supporters! I think we're more critical since we know what it is suppose to taste like! Lol my husband wanted to try my cake and he is not picky! Well his taste buds were not feeling the cake what so ever! But it's okay he isn't scared to try out my next recipes!:D

katiar05 Posted 29 May 2013 , 12:20pm
post #7 of 8

Abct806 I do not but thanks I wii try it! Lol at "put it in the batter and hope for the best!"

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 29 May 2013 , 2:56pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiar05 

bct806 I do not but thanks I wii try it! Lol at "put it in the batter and hope for the best!"

haha. Thanks! I love Sweet Genius and it is a running joke in my house. One contestant did this with every secret ingredient thrown at her. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%