Any Fancy Bakeries Or Great Supply Shops In Memphis, Tn?

Business By liz at sugar Updated 23 May 2013 , 8:48pm by liz at sugar

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 23 May 2013 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 5

I'll be visiting Memphis this summer.  Any suggestions of bakeries I don't want to miss, or good supply shops to visit?

Thanks.

Liz

4 replies
AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 23 May 2013 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 5

I was in Memphis last summer with my daughter at St. Jude's Children's Hospital. She didn't want to be cooped up on campus so we did a little bit of exploring.  I didn't find any really great bakeries, but I didn't really look. There is a chain of cupcake places called Gigi's Cupcakes. If you go all the way down Poplar into Germantown, there is SweetWise. That is a cake supply store and maker of The Mat. Their address is 7850 Poplar Ave #20  Germantown, TN 38138. It is in the interior corner of a strip mall, so it is easy to miss, but there is a Chili's right there. Have fun.

liz at sugar Posted 23 May 2013 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you AKS, I will stop by SweetWise!

Liz

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 23 May 2013 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 5

The local favorite as far as cupcakes go is Muddy's.  They are reasonably priced, locally owned, and the shop is adorable.  The cupcakes are to die for.  Not glopped with too much icing like Gigi's.  They are perfection.  It's on Sanderlin in East Memphis, and really isn't near anything.  But a Google map will get you there easily.  They don't go in for fancy decoration - just really, really good cupcakes.

As for supplies, Mary Carter's is the old standby.  It's not sleek and glossy.  It's in an old house on Summer.  They have things you don't find elsewhere.  And at cheaper prices than SweetWise.  Sweet Wise is OK, but it's a chain. 

liz at sugar Posted 23 May 2013 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you Crimsicle!  I'll try to get to those spots as well!

Liz

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%