Canadian Decorators, Bulk Barn Shortening

Decorating By adamsgama Updated 23 May 2013 , 6:37pm by jennicake

adamsgama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsgama Posted 22 May 2013 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone tried the shortening in Bulk Barn for their icing. I seen it last night, but was afraid to buy it. I always use Crisco. I can get Hi-ratio from local cake shops, but it is very expensive. I would not buy the premade icing from Bulk Barn, it is gross

Any input would be appreciated

7 replies
kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 22 May 2013 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 8

AThere was a gal on here from Canada who I gave my buttercream recipe to and it calls for high ratio shortening she said that she was able to buy high ratio shortening at bulk barn , so she bought it in a small amount that they sold it and made my recipe and loved it said she's using it to make her wedding cake in August.

www.bulkbarn.ca/en-ca/products.html?product=2380

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 23 May 2013 , 2:15am
post #3 of 8

Bulk Barn's shortening is the only kind I use now. I don't think you will be disappointed!

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 23 May 2013 , 3:09am
post #4 of 8

AI also use the hi ratio shortening from bulk barn now. No complaints :)

adamsgama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsgama Posted 23 May 2013 , 2:11pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks all for your help. I will be buying some this weekend. Kazita do you share your Buttercream recipe? I love to try new ones. Please pm me if you are willing to share.

Sue

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 23 May 2013 , 2:39pm
post #6 of 8

I'm Canadian.  I love the high-ratio shortening from Bulk Barn!  It makes an awesome creamy buttercream.  I would highly recommend it!

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 23 May 2013 , 3:18pm
post #7 of 8

AYep I only use high ratio shortening in my buttercream. . Not greasy gross crisco it makes s world of difference.

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 23 May 2013 , 6:37pm
post #8 of 8

I just picked up some of the hi-ratio from bulk barn last night!  Excited to try it out today :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%