Marble Cake Help!! :)

Baking By stephlpy8 Updated 22 May 2013 , 2:52pm by stephlpy8

stephlpy8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephlpy8 Posted 22 May 2013 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Ladies (and gents!) I need some help! :) 

I have a request for a Vanilla Raspberry Marble cake for this weekend and I was planning on using my Vanilla cake recipe but I'm not sure how to go about doing the Raspberry part.. Should I use Raspberry Jam or Raspberry Filling? Seedless or Seeded? and how much cake batter should I mix it with??

I don't have time to play around with different recipes so I'm really looking forward to any advice :)

TIA! <3

~Steph

3 replies
psgodusa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psgodusa Posted 22 May 2013 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 4

I got this link on cake central forum, may be it will help you. http://cakecentral.com/t/172561/desperately-searching-for-raspberry-marble-cake-recipe

LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 22 May 2013 , 2:23pm
post #3 of 4

I think it would be best to do the marbling just as you would a traditional marble cake(more vanilla than choc).

If you are planning just to add raspberry to your already made vanilla batter, it may be better to use an extract or other raspberry flavoring.  My thinking is adding jam to your batter may make it the raspberry portion too heavy

causing uneven baking. 

Perhaps making a separate raspberry cake batter to mix in might be better.  I have made a raspberry WASC using raspberry soda, raspberry yogurt, and melted raspberry sherbet.

stephlpy8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephlpy8 Posted 22 May 2013 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks psgodusa & LeeBD :)

LeeBD~ Uneven baking is exactly what I'm worried about happening!  I don't know why I didn't think about making a separate raspberry cake and using that.. Sometimes its the simple answers right? LOL ;)

Thanks!! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%