Boutique Stand Shape With Rice Krispies - How

Decorating By AKJ2908 Updated 22 May 2013 , 12:43pm by Annabakescakes

AKJ2908 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKJ2908 Posted 22 May 2013 , 8:55am
post #1 of 2

Hallo Everyone,

i am very new to baking, its my hobby. For my daughters bday i want to make a nice dress on a boutique stand, but how do i make it our of rice krispies ?? i will then cover it with dark chocolate fondant. hope that works. but first i need the form. The one like under this link...http://cakecentral.com/g/i/2986313/a/3338187/sweet-16th-birthday-high-tea-party-cake/

Can anyone help ??

thanks a lot in advance,

best regards,

Alpa

1 reply
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 22 May 2013 , 12:43pm
post #2 of 2

AIt has to have support in it, so what I would do is start with 2 round wooded boards and a steel threaded rod, washers and nuts, and 4 knobs. You drill holes in the middle of the wooden circles, the diameter of the rod, and drill holes at "12" "3" "6" and "9" (like a clock) in the bottom circle (should be larger than the top one, for support.) and add the knobs for legs (you may need shorter screws than what they came with) and push the rod through the middle hole. Put washers on either side and nuts to hold it in place. Add a wilton hollow plastic dowel the length you need the stand to be. You then add a nut, washer and the top board, secure with another washer and nut to hold it in place. Cover the wooden boards with press and seal before you put it together, if you want to save them for another use, since soaking the fondant off will water log them. Cover the tube with rice cereal treats, and the whole thing in fondant. Let dry for a week before you need it, so it doesn't get all smudgy and fingerprinted.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%