Paper Cones That Fit On A Cone Shaped Flower Nail

Decorating By MsNeuropil Updated 26 May 2013 , 9:10pm by MsGF

MsNeuropil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsNeuropil Posted 22 May 2013 , 2:20am
post #1 of 4

I have been inspired greatly by the cakes by ArtiCakes...but executing has been a bit difficult.  Finally I found a video of another bakery that teaches this technique...but it is in Indonesia...LOL.

The video above..shows them using a paper cone thing that fits on a cone shaped flower nail.  Does anyone have any info on the benefits of using these and if it is possible to even find such a supply.  I don't know if the cones are of edible paper or not...but suspect they must be.

If anyone here knows of online classes or videos teaching the "ArtCake" style I'd love to know about it.  Thanks

Original inspiration

3 replies
bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 26 May 2013 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 4

I have never seen it done like that. I am interested to see what other people have to say about it

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 26 May 2013 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 4

I do not know why they use the white Paper? but the metal nail is called a witch's hat.  It makes it possible to make your flowers without piping a base.  If you look at it, it is the cone shape that you would make to do a rose and other flowers.  My only thought is that rather than wipe the metal nail off after each flower that is piped the flower can be lifted to place onto the cake without getting the nail dirty and having to wash it all the time in between.

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 26 May 2013 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 4

I have this flower nail.     Second row Flower Nail Ateco #10

http://kitchenware.goldaskitchen.com/search?p=Q&srid=S2-USWSD01&lbc=goldaskitchen&ts=custom&w=flower%20nail&uid=92442117&method=and&isort=score&view=grid&srt=0

It can be used in a similar fashion and you can make little cones out of wafer paper.  The edges will stick together with a very tiny bit of water.  I think that is what they are using in the video, but maybe they purchase theirs ready made.  I have never seen them here in Canada or the U.S. 

Very beautiful flowers in the videos.

Have fun, hope that helps.

MsGF

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%