Guitar Cake Servings From 9X13 Or 11X15

Decorating By Zamode Updated 5 Jun 2013 , 4:54pm by Zamode

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 20 May 2013 , 8:57pm
post #1 of 7

Would someone who has made guitar shaped cakes from these sheet cakes share how many servings you got from them? If you have a template for the shape also please I would be grateful. Thank you!

6 replies
IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 20 May 2013 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 7

AI believe I got about 30 servings from the 9X13 I made recently. The neck of the guitar was covered plywood, not cake. So I didn't have to carve much off of the cake to get the shape I wanted. I went to the music store that had the guitar model I needed and took many measurements and some pictures to refer back to. Then I drew a sketch & started carving. I carve by eye; I've never used a template before.

Zamode Posted 21 May 2013 , 1:20am
post #3 of 7

Thank you PamCakes. I won't have much time for photos and whatnot and she isn't sure how many servings yet, I just wanted to give her an idea since I haven't made one before. I think it's going to be less than she needs. Thanks for your reply.

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 21 May 2013 , 6:29am
post #4 of 7

AYou can always make the neck cake too. I didn't need that many more servings so I made it out of plywood. But making the neck out of cake could give you maybe 8-12 more pieces. I measured the guitar and scaled it down. I'm pretty sure you can get measurements from the Internet- that could save you some running around, and just use pictures from online too. Maybe enlarge them to fit the size you need to carve?

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 21 May 2013 , 8:08am
post #5 of 7

I printed the Betty Crocker Guitar template thats available online and it seems to only have about 12 servings...it is carved from a 9 x 13 cake..and the body and neck both are cake.

cookie-baerbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie-baerbel Posted 21 May 2013 , 2:00pm
post #6 of 7

i made one from a 12 x 15 sheet cake ( german oven size)

and did the neck of the guitar in cake also. that gave me round about 65 servings. it was only like 3 inch high. maybe if you make it taller, they could cut smaller pieces and you get more servings?

Zamode Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies! Cookie-baerbel, that's a good sketch! I appreciate it everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%