Louboutin Shoe Box Cake

Decorating By MissCuteCupcakes Updated 23 May 2013 , 4:29pm by TheLoveOfSugar

MissCuteCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCuteCupcakes Posted 20 May 2013 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 6

I’m making a shoe box similar to this, except the box will be fuschia…how do I go about making the name “Louboutin?”

Do I have to hand paint it on, or are there other options besides edible image? The edible image would work best on a white box, but not a fuschia colored box :-/

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__bxuCioya2o/S0N4WsNM5SI/AAAAAAAAAOE/CULCa5w88dI/s400/Shoebox+Louboutin+Cake+turned.JPG

5 replies
manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 20 May 2013 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 6

AYou can print it out in the size you need, cut it out and use it as a template for gumpaste... I'm not sure if that's the easiest way... I'm just brain storming... Maybe someone will chime in with a better idea.

What about using an edible image and cutting it out? That would probably be a PITA though...

tarttokig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarttokig Posted 20 May 2013 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 6

Maybe you could cut out a stencil, lay it flat on the cake and then use a sponge to add the color? Or black royal icing maybe?

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 20 May 2013 , 10:38pm
post #4 of 6

It looks hand-painted to me. You can blow up the logo to the size you need and then print it out on paper. Use a pin to prick points to give you a guide. I use gel color as paint. It will generally fill in the pin pricks.  Some other people print a mirror image of the logo and then trace with a graphite pencil to give the impression.  Graphite is non-toxic but I don't prefer that approach.

MissCuteCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCuteCupcakes Posted 21 May 2013 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 6

Great ideas! Thank you all icon_smile.gif

TheLoveOfSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheLoveOfSugar Posted 23 May 2013 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 6

APersonally I would (and have successfully done before) print out a copy of the logo on regular ol' paper, cover it with wax paper, melt some chocolate and pipe over the logo using it as a template. Be sure to have this on a cookie sheet so that you can put the whole thing in the freezer to set. This makes it a piece of cake to peel off the design and place it on the cake. You only have a couple minutes to successfully do this, so work fast! Also you can work slowly and reheat chocolate as needed and make the lettering smooth by using a toothpick to push around the chocolate. Line it all out first making sure all the letters touch, then full in. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%