Flower Petal Cake

Decorating By nmarie Updated 30 May 2013 , 3:26am by sweettooth101

nmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nmarie Posted 20 May 2013 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 9

Hi ladies! Does anybody have any experience making this cake? I am making my friend's wedding cake in two weeks and she wants exactly this cake.

Obviously the rest of the cake is just plain, but I'm concerned with how to attach these fondant / gum paste petals to the cake!

Thanks in advance for the input!!!

8 replies
manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 20 May 2013 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 9

AYou could use royal icing, melted chocolate, etc. Anything you have on hand that acts as a glue

arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 21 May 2013 , 1:40am
post #3 of 9

Kara Buntin has a tute:

nmarie Posted 22 May 2013 , 7:58pm
post #4 of 9

I forgot to add - my bride doesn't want fondant, she wants buttercream. If I used buttercream to stick the petals to the dry buttercream, wouldn't they just fall off?

Freaking out lol!

Annie8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie8 Posted 22 May 2013 , 7:59pm
post #5 of 9

I've used buttercream to attach light things to buttercream and it has worked ok for me.

Cheryl

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 22 May 2013 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 9

AThis has nothing to do with what you are asking but I think this cake would be so much prettier with glam ribbon on it from caljava...you buy it in 36 inch long strips and cut it to what size you need, even just on the bottom tier in the pink color or silver would add so much to the look of it. Or is it purple the color of that flower? They have purple color too.

www.caljavaonline.com/glamribbon1.htm

nmarie Posted 29 May 2013 , 12:01pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks Annie8! I tried it last night and they were sliding down a bit. I am contemplating attaching the petals to wires using chocolate and sticking them in that way!

Annie8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie8 Posted 30 May 2013 , 2:48am
post #8 of 9

Hope that works ok for you! I would think it should.  Sorry the buttercream didn't hold strong enough. :/

sweettooth101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth101 Posted 30 May 2013 , 3:26am
post #9 of 9

There was a similar thread here, you could contact the op for help.

http://cakecentral.com/t/756463/floating-rose-petals-on-the-side-of-cake-tutorial

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%