Is It Weird If I Don't Eat The Cake?

Decorating By Claire138 Updated 20 May 2013 , 1:17am by mcaulir

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 19 May 2013 , 10:14am
post #1 of 14

I'm invited to a do this afternoon for which I made the cake. However, I actually don't like cake (in my opinion cake falls into the category of taking too long to eat, plus, anything that I cook or bake that takes that much effort sort of puts me off. I loose patience having spent so much time on it). My question is, are any of you in the same boat as me and if yes, what do you do? I feel like if I refuse a piece it will appear strange but on the other hand I'm really not a cake eater & really don't want to eat it even though I know it's delicious (I've tasted plus feedback). Should I just suck it up and take a piece or is there a really nice/classy way of getting out of it?

13 replies
cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 19 May 2013 , 10:24am
post #2 of 14

AI think maybe you should take a small slice and eat it. If I was at a party where the baker didn't eat her own cake I would definitely be questioning why, some people may give you the opposite advice but I think this is the best way to go.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 19 May 2013 , 10:58am
post #3 of 14

I hardly ever eat a cake I've made. If anyone asks why, which would be pretty rude - it's really none of anyone else's business what you put in your mouth - I just tell them I've been taste testing the scraps and I need to leave room for the other yummy food at the party.

I'd actually be shocked if anyone took the slightest bit of notice of whether you're eating cake or not. I never notice whether other people have eaten dessert or not - I'm way too busy eating myself!

Claire138 Posted 19 May 2013 , 11:04am
post #4 of 14

Thanks for both replies, I will go with cakealicious & think I'll take a slither bc it's a pretty small gathering and a lot of people I know will be there that will expect me to eat some cake. Oh well.........icon_sad.gif.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 19 May 2013 , 11:11am
post #5 of 14

You know what?  I don't eat my cake and I have no problem telling people why.  I have straight up told people that I love Costco cakes, as they are chowing into my cake telling me how awesome it is.  Basically it comes down to if I had to spend more than an hour on it I don't want to look at it anymore. 

mcaulir Posted 19 May 2013 , 12:03pm
post #6 of 14

Why do they expect you to eat cake? And why do you care if they know you haven't?

Give them a big smile and say, 'I couldn't possibly fit any in after I over-ate that delicious meal'.

Or just, "none for me tonight, thanks!'

Then launch into another conversation. 'What was that delicious stew we ate for dinner? I must get the recipe from you.'  etc.

You really don't have to eat anything you don't want to in the name of being polite.

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 19 May 2013 , 1:22pm
post #7 of 14

AMy dirty little secret: I don't like cake(I know; shocking!). I tell folks that I don't care for cake (except chocolate). It's just not my thing. It doesn't mean my cakes aren't tasty! People still love my cakes even after I tell them that.

But if you don't want to tell the truth, just say you're on a diet.

Claire138 Posted 19 May 2013 , 5:21pm
post #8 of 14

Thanks y'all. As it happened I didn't end up going so problem solved!

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 19 May 2013 , 10:04pm
post #9 of 14

I have never eaten a piece of a cake I have made at a wedding or party, lol. I've had a couple people comment on it, but it's always been something along the lines of, "you must be caked out, eh?"

I taste test, of course, but I can only eat sweet things in very small quantities, so a piece of cake is a chore for me.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 19 May 2013 , 10:07pm
post #10 of 14

I don't eat my cakes either...I prefer pastries like cannoli!

RoyalCreamery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RoyalCreamery Posted 19 May 2013 , 10:38pm
post #11 of 14

AI too do not eat cake.. I don't have much of a sweet tooth.. Unless its cheesecake..

gingerhouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerhouse Posted 19 May 2013 , 11:23pm
post #12 of 14

AWish I had the same problem lol. I love sweet things especially cake and a have wedding dress to fit into in August this year !!

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 20 May 2013 , 12:16am
post #13 of 14

AChocolate Chip cookies are my kryptonite

My wedding cake was a tiered cookie cake :)

mcaulir Posted 20 May 2013 , 1:17am
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerhouse 

Wish I had the same problem lol. I love sweet things especially cake and a have wedding dress to fit into in August this year !!

Oh don't worry, I eat plenty of sweet things - I'm just sick of my own cake! If there's cheesecake or pie or something, I'd much rather eat that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%