Ways To Accept Payment In Uk

Business By car1979 Updated 20 May 2013 , 12:05am by BakerBee7468

car1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
car1979 Posted 18 May 2013 , 1:36pm
post #1 of 5

AHi I started selling cakes from home in February I currently accept cash on collection and have a PayPal account which some people are not keen on using is there another way I can accept payment even just for the deposit that won't charge to much not sure about bank transfers etc what do you use

4 replies
TheCakeShopUK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShopUK Posted 18 May 2013 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 5

We use gocardless.com as a preferred method over Paypal. It does take a bit longer than paypal as it uses direct debit but their charge fee is minimal in comparison and we have had no complaints regarding this service. Hope that this helps.

SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 19 May 2013 , 3:10am
post #3 of 5

ABank transfer pretty much every time. Most bakers do it this way and when I'm invoiced by a company BACS is always an option, the easiest I believe. Other business/corporations have paid me in the same way so I think it's the norm across the board.

Paypal can be a recipe for disaster and people who don't use the net much might be wary of it.

car1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
car1979 Posted 19 May 2013 , 8:34am
post #4 of 5

AThanks will look into both

BakerBee7468 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBee7468 Posted 20 May 2013 , 12:05am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by car1979 

Hi I started selling cakes from home in February I currently accept cash on collection and have a PayPal account which some people are not keen on using is there another way I can accept payment even just for the deposit that won't charge to much not sure about bank transfers etc what do you use

since you have paypal, dont know if this is an option for you but i live in the US and here they have paypal here, which is a card reader that you attach to your iphone to be able to accept credit cards. people don't have to have a paypal account, but if they do they can just send money via their bank account or paypal account. for deposit you can accept cash or check , though with check i would advise people that you wont start making their cakes until the check clears.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%