Some Cake Pop Questions

Decorating By AnnieCahill Updated 18 May 2013 , 12:32am by AnnieCahill

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 17 May 2013 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 5

So I will be making a small number of these in the next two weeks.  I have never made them before, but I guess there's a first time for everything.  I was hoping you experienced cake ball/pop peeps can help me with a few questions.

1.  What size scoop should I use?  I have a 3 and 4 tbs scoop but I think that's too big. 

2.  What length stick?

3.  Do you use a food processor to break up the cake or just smash it with a fork?

4.  How many pounds of candy coating will I need for 36 pops?

5.  When using paramount crystals, how many teaspoons do you use per pound of candy coating?

I understand I need to use minimal binding and that's fine.  I am still debating refrigeration before dipping, because I've seen that some people just leave their balls out to dry as opposed to refrigerating them, therefore minimizing cracks.  My house temp is pretty cool so they should be ok to set up at room temperature before being dipped.  I plan on using Merckens if that's any help.  I am making lions and tigers (but not bears, oh my).

http://normalactivities.blogspot.com/2012/09/welcome-to-jungle.html

Thanks ya'll.

4 replies
AnnieCahill Posted 17 May 2013 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 5

I forgot to also ask about what size bag to use to package.

Thanks again.

AnnieCahill Posted 17 May 2013 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 5

AAny suggestions? Thanks!

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 18 May 2013 , 12:21am
post #4 of 5

Definitely smush with a fork, and not use a food processor!  It's a bit more work, but the texture of a cake pop that was made in a food processor is nasty.  Like pre-chewed cake.  Ick.  The fork method gives you a much nice texture IMO

AnnieCahill Posted 18 May 2013 , 12:32am
post #5 of 5

AThanks for the suggestion jenni!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%