Found Old Decorating Tips, How To Clean?

Decorating By craftybanana Updated 15 May 2013 , 8:49pm by Mamasmanna

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 15 May 2013 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 2

Hello, I found the thread about cleaning tips, but it's from 2007 (http://cakecentral.com/t/75221/cleanning-your-decorator-tips). How would I clean the tips my mother found that used to belong to my grandmother? some are metal, some are plastic, one set even has it's own little brown box (like the kind old pens came in). Some of them look like they have some sort of gunk inside. I'm using the plastic ones and the metal ones that are gunk free. Some tips screw on, some are Wilton, and some I have no idea, but it's a whole bag full, maybe 20ish tips? The things you learn when your parents move... I had no idea my Grandmother did this sort of thing, when I came around she was doing ceramics, oil painting, and sewing and soon lost the ability to do that. I'm guessing the last time these tips were used were 30 years ago?

I'd love to take a class, but the only places out here is the local college... I kinda don't want to pay $300 for a class. Have any "hands-on" people had luck with videos? Maybe recommend some? I'd appreciate it, thanks in advance! birthday.gif

1 reply
Mamasmanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamasmanna Posted 15 May 2013 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 2

I would start with a good soaking, then wash (soap & water) and sanitize (bleach solution) everything you wanted to use. There are tons of videos out on youtube and cake blogs but I would suggest craftsy classes they are affordable especially if you can catch a sale and you can watch them over and over again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%