Venting, What I Do Is My Business

Lounge By connie9003 Updated 15 May 2013 , 12:01am by jennicake

connie9003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
connie9003 Posted 14 May 2013 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 5

AI work for someone who I will leave nameless! They "heard" that someone came to My house to pick up a cake. This much is true! They were implying in there own way that I am selling cakes out of my home (which is illegal where I am ) 1) the cake was a gift to a friend 2) it's none of Thier business what I do from home. If I could afford it I would do 100 cakes for free because I love what I do. But I don't from home I pick and choose which friends/family I do cakes for and they are gifts I do because I want to !!!! I should not have to explain every time I do a cake !!!!! How dare they !!!! This person SOLD cakes out of Thier house illegally for years !!!! I'm glad they were able to do well enough to go legal. But stay out of my business! I would love to do cakes from home and sell them but even if I did it would be 1-2 a week pick and choose I don't want a business out of my home nothing near that would effect Thier business. Some people need to worry about Thier own closets !!!! That's my two cents !

4 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 14 May 2013 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 5

AConsidering this person ran a similar business, perhaps they were just interested in discussing a topic where you both have a shared interest. A reply along the lines of "yes, I made a cake for a friend" seems like a harmless enough conversation, you may have been reading too much into the question.

connie9003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
connie9003 Posted 14 May 2013 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 5

AI wish I was . Trust me I'm not ! :) they were in there own little way pointing out the fact that they knew I made a cake. It's only one of many little "remarks" that have been made and I hve over looked them because I felt I was given a great opportunity there and for the most part I am very greatful. But they don't seem to care that I might want a life outside those walls! Remarks have been made in other areas that had nothing to do with cakes about other things in my personal life indicating why would I need time off for this or that when someone else could Handel it..... It's my life I have a right to live it. Do you have any idea how much I'm holding back lol I don't ever want to trash anyone I feel it's rude and I believe in karma. So instead of flying off the deep end I just vented a few words in hope it will Make me feel better. Better to vent here than to loose it on the person I am sooooo anoid with! Sometimes I will admit I have a tendency to over react! But in this case I knew what they were getting at and it really ticked me off ! Uggggg can I scream now !!!

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 14 May 2013 , 9:46pm
post #4 of 5

I'm with Jason on this one.  I would absolutely confront any remarks.  I used to just steam over remarks (that I took in such a way), but have since grown-up.  Sometimes, when face it head on, it turns out I misinterpreted what the person meant.  Other times, it leads to an adult conversation that clears the air.

Unless you do not value any kind of relationship with this person, you should try to start a conversation about it. I would simply say:  "Ya know...the other day you mentioned that I made a cake for XYZ.  Did you know I made that for him/her as a gift?  I wouldn't want you to think I am illegally selling cakes from home...."

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 15 May 2013 , 12:01am
post #5 of 5

I could just be reading this wrong... do you work at a bakery?  And the owner asked about someone picking up a cake from your house?  I wonder if they thought you were using their bakery to make it.  I'm sure you didn't, but maybe thats what they were getting at?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%