Wlsc Lemon Sour Cream Cake...question

Baking By lv2bake Updated 15 May 2013 , 12:59pm by lv2bake

lv2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lv2bake Posted 13 May 2013 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 5

looking at making a lemon cake and found wlsc recipe was wondering if anyone has ever tried to add frozen blueberries to this cake? I am also thinking of filling it with a lemon curd and frosting it with either a lemon buttercream or cream cheese frosting...anyone have any suggestions? This is for a small get together at my church, just wanted something different. Thanks :)

4 replies
KathleenC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathleenC Posted 13 May 2013 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 5

Sounds yummy!

I can't see why you couldn't.   Keep them frozen, toss them with a little flour (or reserved dry cake mix...like a tablespoon), then gently fold them into your batter.  Bake as usual.

The first time I made a blueberry/lemon cake, I put the batter into the pan, then sprinkled the blueberries over the batter and pressed them in with my (clean) hand.  I was afraid that is I folded them in the batter, they would sink and end up in the bottom of the cake, rather than disbursed.  They didn't, which meant I had blueberries on the top of the cake.  It was no problem (still delicious!), but they're nicer disbursed.

I also use lemon curd, but as it can be quite tart, I usually mix it with buttercream before using it as a filling, but that's a personal taste thing.  :-)

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 14 May 2013 , 12:08am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2bake 

... and found wlsc recipe ....

May I ask, where is this recipe of which you speak?

KathleenC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathleenC Posted 14 May 2013 , 12:38am
post #4 of 5

http://cakecentral.com/b/recipe/lemon-cake-wlsc

Basically, a lemon WASC.  :-)

(Sorry lv2bake...I jumped in.  Correct me if I'm wrong.)

lv2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lv2bake Posted 15 May 2013 , 12:59pm
post #5 of 5

AThanks Kathkeenc...no problem but yes that is the recipe, I made it..it was very dense and miost, but it did not rise very well, I did add in the blueberries which I dusted with flour and folded in they distributed very nicely in the cake..I did make a lemon curd, and a regular buttercream icing but I think next time I will mix the lemon and buttercream together..it was quite lemony..lol very tart and the buttercream was way to sweet, but it was ok just have to tone down the lemon a little :) I have always used fresh fruit but didn't have any and wanted to use up the frozen blueberries I had. Thanks ladies :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%