Eeeeeek How To Remove Confectioners Glaze From Surfaces?

Decorating By Hollybello Updated 12 May 2013 , 9:01pm by matthewkyrankelly

Hollybello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollybello Posted 12 May 2013 , 7:18am
post #1 of 5

AHiya. Lol bit of a random question here but can anyone recommend the best product to remove confectioners glaze from hard surfaces, eg glass? Last night I was up very late finishing a cake, was prob half asleep when I glazed a few details and didnt realise the iPad was un covered on other side of counter a couple of meters away. It has got a fine splatter all over the screen and I have been trying all morning to wipe it off with damp cloth and also window cleaner and no luck :( the screen now feels rough and looks like its covered in glitter :(.

Any tips greatly appreciated as my hubby will go mad when he finds out!

4 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 12 May 2013 , 9:56am
post #2 of 5

You can buy Glaze Cleaner from Squires Kitchen, you would usually use it for cleaning brushes after using the glaze. Having said that, I recall that all it is is isopropyl alcohol, which you may be able to get from a chemist if you can't get the Squires stuff.

JanDunlevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanDunlevy Posted 12 May 2013 , 1:31pm
post #3 of 5

AIs confectioner's glaze edible? I know this is a little off from the original question but I have a bottle and have been afraid to use it because it has such a strong chemical odor. It says food grade and I know that doesn't always mean edible!

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 12 May 2013 , 8:54pm
post #4 of 5

Yes, it's edible--but in any quantity it doesn't taste very good.

As for removal, nail polish removal will take it off of glass--just don't get that on any plastic/vinyl parts.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 12 May 2013 , 9:01pm
post #5 of 5

Try vodka on a cloth.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%