How Do I Do A Top Like This?

Decorating By rdf803 Updated 9 May 2013 , 3:20pm by bct806

rdf803 Posted 9 May 2013 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 4

I'm certain there are tutorials for this, but I don't know what it's called so I don't know how to search for it!  How do I make the fondant topper like this so that it has the rounded edges on the side of the cake?  If you can just direct me to a tutorial, that would be great!  Thank you so much!

3 replies
bct806 Posted 9 May 2013 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 4


CakemomTX has a great way of doing it on this thread. I have a scalloped cutter. I am sure you could find one or make one from cardboard to get the look you are going for.

rdf803 Posted 9 May 2013 , 2:55pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you!  Scalloped popped into my head out of nowhere a minute ago--was just getting ready to search for tutorials but that is just what I need!  Thank you so much!

bct806 Posted 9 May 2013 , 3:20pm
post #4 of 4

Very welcome! :) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%