Lounge By HarperCakes Updated 9 May 2013 , 3:15pm by remnant3333

HarperCakes Posted 9 May 2013 , 10:44am
post #1 of 5

AHi There, I'm new to cake central and I am totally day yes by how this site works. I have a relatively new small business (Harper Cakes) and would greatly appreciate some feedback on how to go about getting my business name and my cakes out there! Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated. ~ Jess

4 replies
Crazy-Gray Posted 9 May 2013 , 12:15pm
post #2 of 5

What a pretty logo; I love the colours! :-)

I'd start with a simply flyer in the doors of your catchment area, include some of your cakes on there that'll get some attention! then you could go with local newspapers if you're willing to pay, ir you could donate heavily branded cakes at charity events and dish out business cards, I've only done that twice and I hear it can be hit or miss but I doubled my expendature (including labour) both times so it worked for me!

Hope that helps a wee bit :-)

denetteb Posted 9 May 2013 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 5

I think having a really sharp website is important.  Good grammar and punctuation, easy to navigate, good gallery of pics, your location, etc. 

AndreasCakes Posted 9 May 2013 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 5

Print and word of mouth are the way to go.

I'll make cakes for my website and drop them by the places I shop and frequent. When I make a cute girly cake, I'll take it to my hair or nail salon for the people that work there. They talk, talk, talk and I encourage them to tell anybody about me. People are always getting their hair and nails done for special occasions or to test a style for one, and when they casually mention how great my cakes taste, it's really good advertising. I get a lot more business than you would think just from what the ladies at my hair salon say about me to their customers.

I get post cards printed from The UPS Store (ok, I work there too lol) for fairly cheap. Last month I bought 5000 post cards for $0.31 each. That included full color double sided printing, mailing, and delivering.

remnant3333 Posted 9 May 2013 , 3:15pm
post #5 of 5

Andreascakes, you have a great idea!!! Years ago when we owned a lawn care business I made up business cards and used to knock on people's doors and give them my business card. You are correct in saying that you get more business than your realize!!!  The hair salon is a very smart idea!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%