Having A Logo Made

Business By DisneyDreamer Updated 9 May 2013 , 1:17pm by cherrybakewell

DisneyDreamer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DisneyDreamer Posted 8 May 2013 , 3:10am
post #1 of 11

I got my business license, cottage food license, my permit to sell at farmers markets, and all the little things. I'm at the point where its time to hand over my logo idea. To me this is the hardest part. I have people who love the concept and people who are flat out rude about it. I cant commit to a graphic artist because of it. Im sure its just cold feet being this close but, did any one else have any logo issues????  

10 replies
rica827 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rica827 Posted 8 May 2013 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 11

I did my own logo, so I can't say I had the same issues. However, what's the reaction? 50/50 split? What's your idea?  Maybe you can get some feedback here. While you personally have to like it, a logo and branding does have an affect on your customer base. Have you asked yourself who your target audience is?  Is it brides? A certain niche of people? Vegans? And so on...that will, and should, drastically affect your logo design and bakery name.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 8 May 2013 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 11

A

Original message sent by DisneyDreamer

I have people who love the concept and people who are flat out rude about it.

Which people are you referring to, and how are they rude?

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 8 May 2013 , 8:39pm
post #4 of 11

Well, if someone had a reaction other than:

a. cool

b. it's nice

c. WOW!

d. (nothing, crickets)

Then I'd probably be rethinking my choice of logo. But you're being really vague, soooooooo.

cakecraving Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraving Posted 8 May 2013 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 11

Do you have a pic you can post here? Im sure everyone here has no problem giving honest feedback. And not just I hate it but why they hate it or visa versa.

DisneyDreamer Posted 9 May 2013 , 1:10am
post #6 of 11

Family members and a few family friends. Most are supportive and love it because its very reflective of me. But others I guess don't get my vision. Im vintage I dress 1940s 1950s I drive a classic car everything about me is vintage. I want my logo to represent that, I want it to be something id be proud to wear on a shirt all the time. That being said my logo is very classic irish with a rockabilly twist. I wear bleeding heart bakery shirts as well as bake and destroy. People always ask me about those shirt I want something that would get the same response.

My objective as of now is to do vegan baked goods to sell at farmers markets and special order cakes. No plans of making this a brick and mortar thing any time soon. just a way to do what i want and am passionate about.  

this is a mock up of my idea 

these are the logos i wear. bake and destroy is a blog and bleeding heart is a punk bakery that is now closed but still i love the logos.

jason_kraft Posted 9 May 2013 , 1:24am
post #7 of 11

AIs the name of your business "Good Luck"? I'm not really getting the logo.

Vintage and vegan can both be good niches, what kind of market sizes for both niches are you looking at in your area?

DisneyDreamer Posted 9 May 2013 , 1:31am
post #8 of 11

yes the name is good luck cakes. vegan is a way of life. 99% of my orders are vegan. the logo is based on the claddagh. a cupcake in place of the heart with celtic knot work in a circle. 

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 9 May 2013 , 1:32am
post #9 of 11

You can try outsourcing using a firm like DesignCrowd. You can send them in all your ideas and instructions in a Project Description/Scope of Work, it gets listed on the www as an available job and any GD in the world sees it can opt to take up the job and submit their logos for your approval. You set how much you'll pay, you don't have to buy ANY of them if they all suck, and you can take as long as you want to get both submissions, and then all the tweaking you'd like to get it perfect.

I used designcrowd for my logo and I love the result.

jason_kraft Posted 9 May 2013 , 1:39am
post #10 of 11

AIn an ideal world, what are three things you would want your target customers to say about your business based on your logo?

cherrybakewell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrybakewell Posted 9 May 2013 , 1:17pm
post #11 of 11

AGet in touch with deadpixelcreative...they do amazing logos

http://www.deadpixelcreative.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%