No Refrigeration Recipe For Chocolate Ganash And/or Chocolate Mousse "mock Recipes"?

Baking By Declansmama Updated 8 May 2013 , 9:00pm by mcaulir

Declansmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Declansmama Posted 7 May 2013 , 10:29am
post #1 of 9

ADoes anyone have a good No refrigeration recipe for Chocolate Ganash and/or Chocolate Mousse "Mock Recipes"? I make all fondant cakes and I won't refrigerate fondant cakes because they become sticky. So, this causes a problem with these kind of requests and I don't want to turn them down. Thanks for any help :-)

8 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 7 May 2013 , 12:18pm
post #2 of 9

They become sticky and then dry off.  I put fondant cakes in the fridge all the time with no problem.  You just have to make sure not to touch it as it comes down to room temperature and the condensation evaporates.

For those types of recipes, a lot of people use Rich's Bettercreme and whip it with instant pudding mix.  Bettercreme doesn't require refrigeration.

gemmal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gemmal Posted 7 May 2013 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 9

Without wanting to set off any 'non food safe' bells ringing, I've started chilling fondant covered cakes in the fridge, they need to be in a cardboard cake box with a few silica gel tabs (like the ones you get in shoe boxes when you get new shoes) in the corner of the box so it doesnt touch the cake, just absorbs the moisture in the box. Then when i take it out the fridge, I leave it half hour or so to take the chill off it (doesnt have to be totally room temp) before I take the lid off the box and it seems to have stopped the condensation issues. I'm not sure if they are food safe so wouldn't chance them touching the cake but most places I've seen them (mainly amazon sell them) say they are used for prolonging food's shelf life but hey, they are the ones trying to sell them so I wouldn't put them on top of the cake!

Declansmama Posted 7 May 2013 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 9

AThank you. I will have to try that also but I am really hoping find a few recipes that don't have to be refrigerated thanks again:-D

Declansmama Posted 7 May 2013 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 9

AThanks I will try Rich's

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 8 May 2013 , 4:54am
post #6 of 9

Ganache doesn't need to be refrigerated.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 8 May 2013 , 10:30am
post #7 of 9

Yeah I'd take ganache over anything made with "Bettercreme" any day!

Declansmama Posted 8 May 2013 , 2:16pm
post #8 of 9

AI thought it did because of being made with heavy cream.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 8 May 2013 , 9:00pm
post #9 of 9

No - it's fine out of the fridge. I have some on my benchtop that I made 10 days ago, and it's still good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%