New Girl On The Block!!

Lounge By girlisrad Updated 8 May 2013 , 11:09pm by girlisrad

girlisrad Posted 6 May 2013 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 5

Hi! I am a noob around here! This site saved my tush this last week... so I thought I would introduce myself!!  I am a SAHM of 3 boys, and a (very recent) ex-cake decorator for a well known place with a poor reputation. I had no experience other than piddling in my kitchen, so when I was hired on with that title I took it to heart and learned all I could. I LOVED the decorating part of it, but the rest of the job was less than favorable. So, I quit. Not 3 days later, I had a friend calling me in a panic begging me to go "back to work!" because her daughter needed her birthday cake! Santa brought me a full Wilton decorating kit, and I KNEW I had the know-how.. so I offered to make it at home for her. I  had actually never been deemed "worthy" to make a 2 tier at work, but I busted my tail and made a fully from scratch 3 tier marble/buttercream for her! That was 3 days ago. I have 3 more orders as of today, and another potential order for next weekend!!  Like it or not? I think I am in the cake business! Even if it is just for closer friends and family (for now!)  

So, this site absolutely saved my life. I made a 3 tier cake every day of the week last week up until Saturday!  I tried several recipes and variations and thanks to the INSANE amount of knowledge and amazing advice here the cake was an absolute knock-out success!!!  Now i know how LITTLE I know about the world of cake and I am just beyond excited to make this more than just a job! 

Looking forward to getting to know you!  Thanks again, everyone for all this amazing help! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
craft symphony Posted 7 May 2013 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 5

AI'm kinda new here too and I wish you all the best!

remnant3333 Posted 8 May 2013 , 12:11am
post #3 of 5

After making a 3 layer cake every day last week, you had a lot of practice. It sounds like you are very determined to do it and do it right!!! Do you have a picture of the cake you made? I am sure it was beautiful!!!

It sounds like you fit right in with the cc people here!!! Welcome to the forum and we are glad you are here!!!

Word of mouth will bring you many cake orders especially when you bake beautiful and delicious cakes!!!

girlisrad Posted 8 May 2013 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 5

The customer only wanted buttercream... And asked it be funky chunky. It was for a 10 year old girl. The letters and stars and flowers were all scrap paper because I have NO experience with sugars

girlisrad Posted 8 May 2013 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 5

AAnd yes there are many errors lol! I own that upfront

Quote by @%username% on %date%