Help. I Am Not Sure What This Buttercream Technique Is Called But I Am Making A Wedding Cake In A Few Months That The Bride Would Like This Style Of Frosting. Please Help. I Am New To This Site And I Am Not Sure If I Posted This Right.

Decorating By nelsonkiley Updated 6 May 2013 , 6:23pm by nelsonkiley

2 replies
AnnieCahill Posted 6 May 2013 , 2:40pm
post #2 of 3

What is your question?  How to do it?  This is just a simple spatula technique.  Once you smooth your icing on, just take your spatula and make vertical lines in the icing.  You can either use an angled spatula or an offset one.


I refer to spatula technique cakes as homestyle.  I am doing one myself next month.

nelsonkiley Posted 6 May 2013 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much!!!  That helps a lot. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%