Oriental Cake For A Boy

Decorating By Jennkrem Updated 3 Mar 2005 , 9:04am by flayvurdfun

Jennkrem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennkrem Posted 28 Feb 2005 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 7

Ok, I spoke to the co-worker regarding the "goth" cake. She found out that her son is "working out" of goth and is more interested in the Japanese/oriental culture. So now I am drawing a blank. If it were a girl, I could cover the thing in flowers and she would love it. Any ideas as to what to do for a boy???? He will be 15 or 16 years old. icon_rolleyes.gif

6 replies
thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 28 Feb 2005 , 10:57pm
post #2 of 7

How about a dragon or a sword?

Debbie

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 28 Feb 2005 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 7

I don't know if this is too mature for a 15 or 16 year old but if he is into Japanese culture then he would be familiar with the term SAKURA...which symbolizes Japanese culture and more specifically..new beginnings! icon_biggrin.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 7

See if he has some favorite Japanni girls or guys. Ummm.... maybe I better explain...Japanni is Japanese Animation. Japanni is so awesome- way ahead of US animation. If he has some pics of favorite Japanni characters you could do buttercream transfers of them. (Provided the mother approved of them icon_wink.gif )

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 7

You could do a cake using black and red as your main accent colors with a Japanese "character" (letter) that symbolizes something important. I'm sure a quick Google search will come up with great sites. You can even do an image search with Google. Also, there are a lot of rubber stamps with Japanese characters. You could buy one of these, stamp the image on a piece of paper, and then blow it up to a larger size on your computer or a copier. This could then be used to make a frozen buttercream transfer (or you can freehand it if you are good at that).
I'm picturing a cake (sheet, square, or round) iced in white with a large Japanese character in black in the center taking up most of the surface. Pipe the borders in an intense red with an Asian-influenced design. You could even use gold luster dust or edible gold leaf to add embellishments.

Good luck!

Jennkrem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennkrem Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 5:38pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks a bunch, now the juices are flowing!!! icon_biggrin.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 9:04am
post #7 of 7

Dont forgot to post the done cake..... I am sure it will be great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%