Attach A Doll To A Cake?

Decorating By mymendedrose Updated 24 May 2013 , 5:27pm by mymendedrose

mymendedrose Posted 5 May 2013 , 1:05am
post #1 of 4

I have a lady who wants me to make a Monster High cake for her daughter's birthday, but since you cannot make a licensed cake... I am making a cake with the same colors and argyle etc.. but she wants to put an actual doll on it as part of the child's gift..

How would you attach the doll to the cake? She literally just wants a pretty cake that fits the theme, and a spot to have the doll sitting perched on the edge of it.  They want to play with the doll later, so I wouldn't want to like put a bunch of butter cream on her clothes if I can help it lol

3 replies
DeliciousDesserts Posted 5 May 2013 , 1:22am
post #2 of 4

ASingle tier? Whoever you put her, put a little circle of fondant to protect clothes etc. from buttercream

mymendedrose Posted 5 May 2013 , 1:41am
post #3 of 4

I think she is leaning more towards two tier.  

As far as the fondant circle idea (which is really smart to protect clothes if the cake is iced in buttercream), do you mean just to sit her down straight on the fondant? or use something to attach her through the fondant to the cake.. like a toothpick or something through her clothes, fondant, and then onto the cake? Or is that just completely over doing it lol...

Seriously, thanks for the quick response.. this cake is due a few weeks out, so I just wanted to get it all thought out!

mymendedrose Posted 24 May 2013 , 5:27pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks! it worked great :) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%