DeniseNH Posted 5 May 2013 , 1:03am
post #1 of

Needed something tiny, sticky and clear to stick a double row of bling to the upper edges of clear candle holders and the ladies in my cake club suggested Zots.  They truly are clear, ultra sticky and I also ended up using them to stick a string of bling to ribbons before putting them at the base of a wedding cake and to secure a string of rhinestones to a picture frame with cake flavors in it.  One caution, they're SO sticky, after using them for a half hour I was sure my fingerprints had been removed, so I used the blunt end of a pen to pick them up off of their papers and put into place.  One funny, on the way home from the wedding my hand kept sticking to the steering wheel.  Come to find out, I had a ZOTS stuck to the palm of my hand.  Made me smile.

8 replies
connie9003 Posted 5 May 2013 , 1:19am
post #2 of

Ive never heard of the? please elaborate lol?

ptanyer Posted 5 May 2013 , 1:33am
post #3 of

AWhat brand and size did you use?

DeniseNH Posted 5 May 2013 , 3:06am
post #4 of

I found them at Michaels Craft Store but I'll bet they're also at A.C. Moores and other craft stores.  What brand? They're called ZOTS, manufactured by Therm-o-web of Wheeling, IL.  And all it says on the package is "Clear Adhesive Dots" and in reading the fine print it says Do Not Touch Dots with Fingers. Remember my comment about my fingerprints pulling off (felt like that anyway).  They suggest you touch the object to be glued to the dot.  Makes sense but sometimes that's not practical - so that's why I used the end of a pen that wasn't the writing end.  Was so impressed with this discovery that I wanted to share.

docofthedead Posted 5 May 2013 , 3:09am
post #5 of

Thats funny!!  I suppose it's better to have ZOTS on your hands than superglue on your lips though!

usaribbon.gif

NHQUEEN Posted 6 May 2013 , 5:35pm
post #6 of

I use them for cardmaking and scrapbooking all the time.

sweetflowers Posted 6 May 2013 , 5:54pm
post #7 of

Took a while for me to picture this, I kept thinking you were talking about the candy called Zotz, my kids favorite, but it's not that sticky  :op

DeniseNH Posted 6 May 2013 , 5:58pm
post #8 of

My florist granddaughter introduced me to them.  Finding so many uses for them.  They use them to "glue" two different sized dishes together in a nesting arrangement or secure moss - actually for several things.

auntginn Posted 6 May 2013 , 7:12pm
post #9 of

Very handy indeed, You can even use them to hand small picture frames.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%