Someone Please Help!!

Decorating By AnimalGirl91 Updated 5 May 2013 , 1:54pm by yortma

AnimalGirl91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnimalGirl91 Posted 4 May 2013 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 7

I am meant to be doing a venezualea themed cake for a lady, the flag colors are red yellow and blue. my original idea was to make a flag and drape it over the fondant covered cake. The flag didn't work. i've tried 4 times and it just didnt work. i tried putting the colors in strips around the cake but it looked messy. Im out of ideas. As a result my white fondant covered cake is ruined and needs to recovered, i have no white left, only a midnight blue. The flowers are purple so at least those colors match. but its not really themed to this country. Can anyone offer any ideas??? Its 10;40m and it due tommorow at 2pm 

6 replies
Crissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crissa Posted 4 May 2013 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 7

AHow about making a smaller flag and putting it in the center of the cake?

iCookiBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iCookiBake Posted 4 May 2013 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 7

Can you do the thing where you pipe stars on it? I saw one recently let me find it and I'll come back and edit this post and put the link.....

ETA: Ok here it is. Not sure if you can make this work for your cake or not

http://cakecentral.com/g/i/36842/a/37842/cincodomayo-mexicanflag

AnimalGirl91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnimalGirl91 Posted 5 May 2013 , 9:12am
post #4 of 7

Thank you guys for sugestions, i managed to recover from my cake disaster and the client loved her cake :) I did make a smaller flag in the end and added more flowers, i love the pipping star idea!! i will need to do this next time 

docofthedead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
docofthedead Posted 5 May 2013 , 9:54am
post #5 of 7

I started out with a similiar plan for a cake to send to my husband's work.  This is what I ended up with...WAY off base from where I started, but after my husband dropped it I had to start over and didn't have much time.  It may spark an idea for you though! HTH

usaribbon.gif

ljmlinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljmlinda Posted 5 May 2013 , 1:07pm
post #6 of 7

Go to the store and purchase everything to ke your own fondant. It is easy and quick!

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 5 May 2013 , 1:54pm
post #7 of 7

Might be a little late, but an easy fix might be to mix up some buttercream, take off the fondant and cover in buttercream and smooth, basic white or neutral color.   Color  some butter cream red yellow and blue, or even a little fondant if you have some.  Cover the entire top in the 3 colors in bands, either with the buttercream, or with rolled strips of fondant, and apply the white fondant stars. Pipe a decorative border around the top edge. This might be easy, neat and appropriate.  you can always arrange additional decor around the sides or on top .  Sorry, very crude sketch- on the way out the door.  Good luck and I hope that helps.

AppleMark

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%