Sticky Mmf

Decorating By mommyb Updated 6 May 2013 , 6:34pm by mommyb

mommyb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyb Posted 4 May 2013 , 11:31am
post #1 of 3

AI've never worked with regular fondant before'have only made mmf. Is it supposed yo be sticky? Every time I make it I can knead it out to the point where it's not sticky but when I break a piece off to work with it the inside is sticky. Should I be adding more powdered sugar? I'm always afraid I'm going to mske it too dry.

2 replies
JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 4 May 2013 , 11:57am
post #2 of 3

My recipe calls for a whole 2lb bag of C&H powdered sugar.  What brand did you use?  C&H is cane sugar not beet sugar most other PS is made from.  With that said, I would add a little more PS and see if that helps.  Is it humid where you are?  Did you let it rest?  I always try to let mine rest overnight before using or at least a few hours.  Also, if it ever does seem too dry you can sprinkle drops of water very slowly to moisten it up and/or knead in a bit of crisco too. HTH

mommyb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyb Posted 6 May 2013 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 3

I did use C&H sugar, although not quite the 2lbs (but just short of it). I did let it rest. I guess I will just work a bit more ps in and see if that helps. And thanks for the tip on adding some water! Do you put shortening on your work space to keep it from sticking or will it not stick if I get it to the right consistency?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%