Minnie Mouse 2 Tier Cake

Decorating By SaraLee08 Updated 4 May 2013 , 7:03am by TheLoveOfSugar

SaraLee08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraLee08 Posted 4 May 2013 , 4:08am
post #1 of 4

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2998548/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

My sis-n-law asked me to do this cake, the only issue I'm having is the sizing, I know the top is 6" but I'm not too sure about the bottom and how many layers for each Tier.. Can anyone help pls :)

3 replies
bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 4 May 2013 , 5:00am
post #2 of 4

The bottom looks to be a 10. Most cakes are 2 tiers. Kind of hard to say how tall it is with no frame of reference. You can really do it however you want it. When someone gives me a picture of a cake I usually ask how many people they need to serve and then plan the cake accordingly instead of trying to figure out how big the cake they showed me is.

amybethdoyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amybethdoyle Posted 4 May 2013 , 5:02am
post #3 of 4

AIt looks like a 6 inch and a 10 inch tier. Most likely each tier is 4 inches tall (two pans each).

TheLoveOfSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheLoveOfSugar Posted 4 May 2013 , 7:03am
post #4 of 4

A

Original message sent by amybethdoyle

It looks like a 6 inch and a 10 inch tier. Most likely each tier is 4 inches tall (two pans each).

So if each cake is made of 2 layers then do both those layers get torted and stacked? Giving the cake height. Or is it just icing between the 2 layers? I've never understood the reasoning for torting. I just bake and stack 3 thin layers and that gives me about 3.5" to 4". Does it make a difference other than I would decrease my time spent baking? I tried torting only once and the cake crumbled.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%