Omg! This Is The Best Chocolate Cake Ever!!!

Baking By Baking Me Crazy Updated 7 May 2013 , 12:55am by vgcea

Baking Me Crazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Me Crazy Posted 4 May 2013 , 1:49am
post #1 of 13

AI made this cake this morning and I have to say, I AM IN LOVE!!! The chocolate flavor is rich, the cake is moist and fluffy. It is so dangerous, I cannot stop eating it.. Did I say I am in love? :D I didn't use the frosting that the recipe called for. Instead, I used ganache to fill and frost the cake. Something about the ganache between the rich chocolate layers was magical. I couldn't help but do a little happy dance with every bite. You have to give this recipe a try.

Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate Cake"

https://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipe-details.aspx?id=184

12 replies
stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 4 May 2013 , 2:23am
post #2 of 13

Really????

I think it makes a good sheet cake, that's about as far as I can take it.  Did you make it just as the recipe says?  Mine always falls a bit in the center.  And it is fully cooked.

Baking Me Crazy Posted 4 May 2013 , 2:26am
post #3 of 13

AYes, I followed the recipe exactly. Mine didn't fall at all.

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 4 May 2013 , 2:30am
post #4 of 13

I would love, love, love for someone to weigh the ingredients and give it to me in grams.  Not sure why it never, ever works for me.  I have tried it 5 or 6 times.  No interest in trying again unless it is with weights.

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 4 May 2013 , 2:34am
post #5 of 13

AThere was a gal on here a few weeks ago who was using this exact recipe and was at the end of her rope because her cake kept falling in the middle. I've never tried the recipe.

Baking Me Crazy Posted 4 May 2013 , 2:52am
post #6 of 13

AThat's strange. Don't know what could've caused that.

Give the recipe a try. It's tasty.. Maybe it will turn out well for you like it did for me.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 4 May 2013 , 2:54am
post #7 of 13

Hi, here is a great thread that will help you.

http://cakecentral.com/t/740444/scratch-chocolate-cake-search-burnout-help-please

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 4 May 2013 , 3:02am
post #8 of 13

I've used that recipe (straight off the back of the can of choco powder) twice now with fantastic results.  Everyone loved it.  My choco recipe from now on.

iCookiBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iCookiBake Posted 4 May 2013 , 3:13am
post #9 of 13

I love that cake! Made it quite a few times, but I don't use the frosting that it recommends....instead I use a fudge frosting.

RedInLove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedInLove Posted 4 May 2013 , 3:15am
post #10 of 13

This became a quick favorite in my family when I first made it. I've also used it to make cupcakes for a high school bake sale and they were a hit.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 6 May 2013 , 9:13pm
post #11 of 13

You guys are going to make me try this cake. The last thing I need is a finnicky recipe and I keep hearing how good this tastes and how crappy it bakes in the same breath. le sigh. Let's go bake up (waste?) some ingredients.

Baking Me Crazy Posted 6 May 2013 , 9:42pm
post #12 of 13

AIf you don't want to waste any ingredients on a finicky cake recipe, then don't. This recipe worked well for me and I was giving my opinion on it.

Im not trying to be harsh or disrespect.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 7 May 2013 , 12:55am
post #13 of 13

ANo offense taken. A couple of ounces of cocoa and flour down the drain won't send me to the broke-house. I promise. :D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%