Disappointed...

Lounge By effsev Updated 7 May 2013 , 4:03am by SystemMod1

effsev Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
effsev Posted 3 May 2013 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 5

I posted to "The Lounge" forum yesterday about a benefit bicycle ride I am participating in this summer and was hoping for some support (encouragement and/or monetary donations) from some fellow "cakers" in the CakeCentral family. I was very disappointed to see that my thread was deleted. I'm quite emotionally invested in this amazing fundraiser. That along with being passionate about producing a nice cake from time to time and all the tips, tricks, and advice I've picked up here on CC along the way really makes this sting a little. FWIW, several weeks ago I did send a private message to the only moderator listed for this forum before posting and never received a reply.

I don't mean to create drama I just needed to express my disappointment.

-J

4 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 3 May 2013 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 5

I saw your post yesterday and was a bit surprised. You are clearly invested in your fundraiser, and I was touched at the depth of your feelings. But it seemed out-of-place for a Cake Central forum, even if you did post in The Lounge, since you are not an active member. If I understand it correctly, you have only posted twice since you joined and both posts are about your fundraising attempts.

You are passionate about caking, so I hope you will join forum conversations and forge relationships here. Then the next time, you will have friendships to call on. I wish you luck. 

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 6 May 2013 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 5

(((Hugs))) Give us a chance to get to know you more. Lots of trolls come here posting junk so you can't blame the Mods for taking care of what could easily come off as a troll post seeing as you're pretty new to us. I wish you the best with your program.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 7 May 2013 , 1:48am
post #4 of 5

A/agree with Vgcea.

We really can be very supportive.

SystemMod1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod1 Posted 7 May 2013 , 4:03am
post #5 of 5

Your thread was deleted because Cake Central is not a venue for fundraising, selling, buying, asking for likes, or asking for votes - no matter the cause.  Everyone is involved with something; if we allowed everyone to fundraise, sell, buy, ask for likes, and ask for votes, the forums would be nothing BUT people fundraising, selling, buying, asking for likes, and asking for votes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%