Fondant Cupcake Toppers Going Soft - And I Cannot Assemble Them At The Last Possible Minute

Decorating By emmc

emmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmc Posted 3 May 2013 , 6:45am
post #1 of 1

I know many people have asked this question, but it still doesn't give me a working answer.

I've been asked to make 23 boxes of 6 fondant cupcakes per box. My question is, how do I prevent my fondant toppers from going soft? They normally go soft in a few hours, and I need them to stay hard for way way longer than that, maybe 20 hours?!

I know everyone's been saying to put on the toppers at the last possible minute. But I can't do that as I will have to pack them, together with the decorations before my customer picks them up. And she has asked to do so the night before so that she could distribute them early the next morning - meaning the fondant topped cupcakes will stay overnight in a their boxes. The best I could do is try to leave some holes for ventilation... I am trying not to use gumpaste to mix with fondant as they taste horrible...

I've heard that you could paint the underside of the fondant with melted chocolate so that only the chocolate touches the buttercream (I will be using Wilton buttercream without the meringue powder). So I was wondering if I could do this instead: Pour melted chocolate on top of buttercream before putting the toppers on? :D do you think it will work?? Haha..

If I were to leave these fondant cupcakes in the boxes with a little bit of ventilation, and leave all these boxes in an air-conditioned room, do you think they will be fine? Our weather here is pretty humid, and near the sea...

Hehe... is this too much to ask?

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%