Three Horses In A Stable Cake

Decorating By CountryMom11 Updated 6 May 2013 , 2:31am by CountryMom11

CountryMom11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CountryMom11 Posted 3 May 2013 , 3:27am
post #1 of 10

AHi I am going to try to make this horse stable cake for my daughters birthday. I can't seem to post the image or find a link to post. But it has the stable with the three horses and is says happy birthday Becky and there is another one ,both on Pinterest, that says happy birthday as well but I cannot remember the name:-(. It also has grass on the bottom with a fence and a bunny in the grass. Anyways I am just hoping to get some good tips or any insight. I was thinking of using tootsie rolls, shaped, and twix bars for the fence. Maybe some chocolate wafer cookies for the stable. I have five kids so I like to try to use time saving materials if I can. Thank you so much in advance :-)

9 replies
CountryMom11 Posted 3 May 2013 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 10
SourLemonz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SourLemonz Posted 3 May 2013 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 10

Athat looks like a take on one of Debbie Brown's cakes. It is in her book...50 Easy Party Cakes. :)

SourLemonz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SourLemonz Posted 3 May 2013 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 10

AThe stable walls are fondant, using a knife to score it to achieve a wood grain look. I just did the stables a couple of weeks ago...I used an impression mat to get the wood look. :D

CountryMom11 Posted 3 May 2013 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 10

AOh THANK You soooo much sourlemonz:-) I will check it out:-) thank again!

CountryMom11 Posted 4 May 2013 , 1:37am
post #6 of 10

AOk, I found the book and the stable...thank you. Is this on a 9x13 cake or 8x11? I suppose it could be on either ,but for dimension wise just wanted to check. I am getting kind of nervous now about it turning out!

CountryMom11 Posted 4 May 2013 , 1:51am
post #7 of 10

ASorry, me again! I have been doing my research, at least trying to! Does it matter what type of cake you use? I was a video where a box mix did not hold up well? Any suggestions or insight GREATLY appreciated :-)

kimbm04r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbm04r Posted 4 May 2013 , 1:59am
post #8 of 10

A doctored cake mix will hold up fine.  I use them for every cake I make, including the one I posted tonight "over the hill", and the cake in my avatar photo.  Just make sure you have sufficient supports between the tiers (cakes)

qcoloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qcoloma Posted 4 May 2013 , 2:51am
post #9 of 10

AI also use Doctored cakes all the time and my friends and family love them I prefer DH

CountryMom11 Posted 6 May 2013 , 2:31am
post #10 of 10

AThank you for the feedback! By doctored cakes you mean boxed cake mix from the store! And DH is Duncan Hines? Right? Sorry I'm new

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%