Costco Filling And Bc

Decorating By EvArt Updated 2 May 2013 , 8:12pm by mrestorivera

EvArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvArt Posted 2 May 2013 , 2:30pm
post #1 of 3

I absolutely love Costco's Vanilla Filling and their Buttercream icing. Does anyone know where I can get a recipe and have you tried it, does it taste like Costco's?? Because of Costco's buttercreams wonderful flavor and texture I started adding a little extra salt to my BC so that it cuts the "sweet" and everyone loves it. The only other thing I'd like is that it be a lighter consistency like Costco's frosting, Does anyone know how I can achieve that lighter consistency in a basic BC recipe??

2 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 2 May 2013 , 7:25pm
post #2 of 3

I don't believe they make it.  Well at least I know for sure the one that is close to me.  They buy it ready to use from 2 suppliers.  One is called Puratos, they have a warehouse in Rancho Cucamonga and the other is BakeMark, in Pico Rivera.  At least for me.  I know both have other locations.  Both are wholesale, so you need  a Resale Permit and buy in quantity.  Both deliver but only to business locations and your order is somewhere about $400-$500 per delivery if I remember right.  They have will call but still have a minimum of about $100-$150.

hth

mrestorivera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrestorivera Posted 2 May 2013 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 3

AI work for Costco and they dont make their BC at the store... sadly access to the same products is only through bulk size order as previously stated by another baker.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%