Cannon Printer Problems

Decorating By cocoales Updated 7 May 2013 , 10:57am by icingimages

cocoales Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocoales Posted 2 May 2013 , 4:33am
post #1 of 4

AI bought a cannon pixma mg 5320 now I have assembled it the black ink is not printing no matter what i do can anyone give me any ideas on what to do before I buy another ink set

3 replies
keystone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keystone Posted 6 May 2013 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 4

I've had this problem with my canon.  I have taken the ink out and put it back in... I also have pressed down on the the cartridge a few times... this has worked for me to get the printer to recognize that indeed I have ink in there.  This has happened a couple of times to me.  The very first time... my edible ink had a problem and I was told to take off those little metal pieces and replace them...that was the one and only time like that.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 6 May 2013 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 4

Sorry you are having so much trouble.  I'm assuming your talking about edible ink cartridges, but keystone is correct if you have run print checks and nothing then your printer is not recognizing the cartridge.  Check the cartridge and print head to see if you have black ink on either.  If they are clean this is what is happening.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 7 May 2013 , 10:57am
post #4 of 4

98.5% of the time the plastic tab was not removed from the cartridge. The 1% is that a new printer can come with a clogged or even faulty printhead. It can happen, it is rare. The finaly.5% is a faulty cartridge (depending on the brand this can be higher). So start from the basics, make sure you removed the airvent tab on the top of the cartridge. if that is clear, run one cleaning cycle through the printer and then an nozzle check to see if it improved. If that doesnt work, try removing the refill plug WHILE THE CARTRIDGE IS IN THE PRINTER and then put it right back in. If none of that works, call the manufacturer or give us a call, we will try and help, even if it is not purchased from us!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%