Cup Of Strong Brewed Coffee Or Espresso

Decorating By cupncakes35 Updated 6 May 2013 , 8:15pm by cupncakes35

cupncakes35 Posted 1 May 2013 , 10:28pm
post #1 of 8

Can someone please help. I need to make cupcakes and it calls for 1/3 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso. I dont drink coffee so I have no clue what it means. Does this mean I can just use folgers, take a 1/3 cup dry mix and add it to the batter, or do i have to actually make the coffee. HELP!!!

7 replies
getonthemove Posted 1 May 2013 , 10:56pm
post #2 of 8

You have to make the coffee because it is calling for "brewed" coffee or espresso.



cupncakes35 Posted 1 May 2013 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks, if I dont own a coffee machine can this be subsititued with something else?

cupncakes35 Posted 1 May 2013 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 8

Can i just get a cup of starbucks brewed coffee and add it in?

shanter Posted 1 May 2013 , 11:16pm
post #5 of 8

Do you have the Folgers? If not, get instant coffee or espresso powder and mix with hot water.


If you have regular ground Folgers, take a largish cup (like a 2-cup measing cup), place a sieve or smallish funnel, fold a paper towel (you can use an unscented kleenex, but they're very flimsy and may fall over in the funnel) and insert into the funnel, put in the coffee, and pour boiling water over it. Use at least a couple of tablespoons of coffee and only enough water to get 1/3 cup.

cherrycakes Posted 1 May 2013 , 11:16pm
post #6 of 8

Starbucks VIA Ready Brew are individual packages of instant coffee that you just put into hot water - makes a very easy brewed cup of coffee without the coffee maker!

shanter Posted 2 May 2013 , 12:25am
post #7 of 8

I agree. Forget my suggestion and get the VIA from Starbuck's). I forgot about them, which is silly, since I have one right here on my desk!

cupncakes35 Posted 6 May 2013 , 8:15pm
post #8 of 8

I seen the Starbucks one as well and grab them. Thanks you guys for the adivce, I was loosing my mind. Lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%