Refrigerating Mmf Fondant. Customer Just Pushed Out Cake By 2 Days...

Decorating By debbs0723 Updated 1 May 2013 , 8:20pm by debbs0723

debbs0723 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbs0723 Posted 1 May 2013 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 5

Hello Everybody,

I was just covering a simple 8 " square one tier cake with with MMF.  Just finished that when my customer called asking if the cake would still be good sunday.  She was going to serve Friday and pick up tomorrow morning.  Typically I finish fondant cakes 1.5-2 days ahead and do not refrigerate. 

The remainder of this cake will have black and red accents so I'm thinking I will stop with just the white fondant and no other decorations and will refrigerate until Friday to finish decorating.  It has a thick layer of buttercream underneath.  Do you guys think this is the best thing to do and will the cake still be moist?  I know when I do my regular method they are very moist.  I usually refrigerate my buttercream only cakes and have no problems but they are only usually refrigerated one day ahead of time. 

Thanks so much,

Debbie

4 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 1 May 2013 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 5

Is it a box mix?  If it is, it should be fine in the fridge.  You could even freeze it if you wanted too.

debbs0723 Posted 1 May 2013 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 5

yes it is a doctored up box mix with sour cream and instant pudding. 

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 1 May 2013 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 5

Unless you are either going to make her a new cake out of the goodness of your heart, or she is going to pay for another one, it's her issue not yours.

debbs0723 Posted 1 May 2013 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 5

Oh thanks.  She was well aware when she asked me that this was her issue.  Luckily it turned out that she moved the party back to Friday.  I might have been annoyed but she is a fantastic customer so I just did a little work for another cake then came back to it. 

Thanks for all your help. 

Debbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%