I Just Got A Job With A Baker!!!

Business By nancylee61 Updated 1 May 2013 , 11:07pm by letsgetcaking

nancylee61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylee61 Posted 1 May 2013 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 6

I am very excited!! It is for the summer.  

Unfortunately, I am not going to be with the cake decorator, but I am going to work front of the house and help the afternoon/evening baker with things he needs. I am old enough to know that if I listen and do what they tell me to do, I will learn. I am thrilled, because I will have exposure to the party and wedding cake business, as far as listening to them taking orders, discussing budgets, prep time needed, etc., although I won't be trained in how they make their cakes. This bakery uses buttercream only, so it will also be good because I will be there when the decorator is actually making the cakes and can watch her in action during slow times. She does an excellent job, so it will be wonderful exposure.

I haven't been this excited since I got my teaching job 25 years ago!!!

Nancy

5 replies
Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 1 May 2013 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 6

Good for you!! There's ALOT you going to learn just listening and observing. Keep the perspective that every shop does things differently too.....so there's tons to learn everywhere.

wildflowercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflowercakes Posted 1 May 2013 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 6

party.gif Yeah!

Margaret393 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margaret393 Posted 1 May 2013 , 4:07pm
post #4 of 6

Good luck Nancy  with your summer job in the bakery, and  hope that you will enjoy the experience!!!

nancylee61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylee61 Posted 1 May 2013 , 5:22pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you, all! I love to learn, and hope I can learn a lot!

Nancy

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 1 May 2013 , 11:07pm
post #6 of 6

That is so exciting! I admire your attitude, too. Enjoy your summer and new job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%