Almost Served Nasty Imbc For A Tasting, Hehe

Decorating By scrumdiddlycakes Updated 30 Apr 2013 , 12:33am by Annabakescakes

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 12:12am
post #1 of 4

haha, I can't believe myself today! I was up all night, and apparently am not as 'with it' as I thought!

First of all I totally screwed up my measurements for my IMBC, I was halving everything, but put in the full amount of sugar and 'cream of tartar'.

It didn't seem quite right, but I just kept beating it and it finally seemed to come round, I frosted a couple cupcakes, then did the mandatory 'scarf one down taste test'.

NASTY! It had this awful chemically salty taste.

I went back to my pile of ingredients, thinking something must have gone bad, realized I put in baking soda instead of cream of tartar, and double the amount, haha! I'm so glad I tasted one first. My stomach is a bit queasy, (lack of sleep does that to me,) and I almost didn't.

sigh. That's what I get for procrastinating and leaving it til the last minute :)

3 replies
kazita Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 12:28am
post #2 of 4

AI love the mandatory scarf one down test lmao who does that not me hehe.... good thing you did that little test.

liz at sugar Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 12:30am
post #3 of 4

Well if you had served them, their teeth would have been scrubbed sparkly clean from that baking soda!  I messed up some pate a choux yesterday, still don't know what I mismeasured.  Had to start again, and it seemed like I did everything the same, but the second batch turned out right.  At least you caught it!

Annabakescakes Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 12:33am
post #4 of 4

Wow, that sounds truly awful, lol! I am so glad you caught in time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%